Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

hi i have a question about a tax lien on my condo by the city for unpaid water sewage bill i pay a manitence fee for my condo which inturn suppose to pay my water bill the condo assoc hasn't paid the bill now i get a tax lien by the city what are my rights if the asssoc doesn't pay the bill they are telling me there having finacial problems because of some memebers not paying their maintence fee

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

I would suggest that you deduct the water bill from your maintenance fees.

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

I agree with Larry, but also suggest you must have the lien discharged and this will require you pay it off. Your recourse is through the Condo Association. If you have been paying your maintenance and other condo owners have not, you might consider having your portion of the water bill separated from the condo bill and paying it directly, and deducting the charges from the condo bill - just paying the balance. It seems that if this bill is not paid, it will continue to be placed as a lien even if you are paying your maintenance and others are not. What action is being taken by the condo association to collect the outstanding bills from other owners?

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey