New Mexico  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/07/13, 5:08 pm

My custody papers don't specify on whether I can move or not. I am looking to move to another state. What do I do?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/07/13, 7:37 pm by George Chandler

You need permission from the court to remove the child from the jurisdiction of the court,i.e., to another state. Temporary visits just require permission of other parent, but a permanent move takes both the other parent and the court.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

George Chandler Law 1208 9th Street Los Alamos, NM 87544

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search