New Mexico  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/09/13, 7:10 pm

If my wife is under 18, and we are getting a divorce is she required to move back home with mom or is she emancipated?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/09/13, 9:50 pm by George Chandler

32A-21-3. Emancipated minors; description. (1995)

Statute text

An emancipated minor is any person sixteen years of age or older who:

A. has entered into a valid marriage, whether or not the marriage was terminated by dissolution;


She's free! No mom.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

George Chandler Law 1208 9th Street Los Alamos, NM 87544

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search