New York  |  Business Law

My question is my dentist up and moved out of state and sold his business to another dentist who in turn filed for bankruptcy, am I still obligated to pay the orginal dentist what I owe him prior to his move?

Answered on: 4/13/12, 7:54 am by Nancy Delain

That's a complicated question to which you haven't given enough information for me to provide an answer.

For example, do you owe the BUSINESS (now a debtor in bankruptcy) the money, or do you owe your dentist PERSONALLY? What collections efforts has the dentist made (letters, phone calls, collections agency ...)? Have you heard from the bankruptcy trustee? What chapter of the bankruptcy code did the new dentist file under? And so on ....

Sorry; you'll need to bite the bullet and actually talk to someone about this. You're welcome to call my office to set up a consultation.

THIS POST CONTAINS GENERAL INFORMATION AND IS INTENDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, NOR DOES IT CREATE ANY ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. FOR LEGAL ADVICE ON YOUR PARTICULAR MATTER, CONSULT YOUR ATTORNEY.

Delain Law Office, PLLC 107 N. College St. Schenectady, NY 12305