Legal Question in DUI Law in New York

I was charged with dui in 1978 in NY State.

Ithought it was taken care of that same year But recently while crossing the boarder from canada they said there was a bench warrent from then. I have no recoreds and hardley remember the situation my question is how do I deal with a 35 year old charge that was not taken off the records. And what can I expect to happen if they don.t find the foulup.

Asked on 3/07/13, 3:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Sweeney Richard F. Sweeney, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Go to the court with some cash in case they set bail. Go early on a Monday morning, or if the court only meets on certain days, go early in the week. You might have someone else there available to post the bail, but note that the bail money will go back to the person who posted it after the case is over. Only your appearance can clear up the case. Probably there is a fine unpaid. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/13, 9:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now