New York  |  Entertainment Law

artist management contract clauses

I am an unsigned Artist. My website is veeda.4t.com A management company has delivered to me a contract. Are the clauses below standard clauses in management contracts offered to an Artist? And if not, how can they be re-written to benefit my career?

1.Should an Artist empower management with power to sign recording, publishing and merchandising contracts ? Isnít this the same as giving Artistís publishing rights to them? ďArtist hereby authorizes and empowers Company to do for you in your behalf and at Companyís discretion to do the following: approve and permit any and all publicity and advertising; approve and permit the use of my name, photograph, likeness, voice, sound effects, caricatures, literary artistic and musical materials for purposes of advertising and publicity and in the promotion and advertising of any and all products and services; execute for me in my name and/or in my behalf any and all agreements, documents and contracts, including recording, publishing, and merchandising contracts, for my services,