Legal Question in Family Law in New York

Child Support

How do I stop child support payments and remove the garneshe on my wages.My child turns 21 in August and has moved out of his mother's house.Thee order is in a New York State court

Asked on 7/11/09, 7:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child Support

It should be automatic. If not, I would contact the child support enforcement unit in Albany. If that does not work, you would have to bring a petition in Family Court to terminate child support since the child is over 21 years.


Read more
Answered on 7/13/09, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now