New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/15/13, 5:12 am

My estranged husband reneged on our verbal custody agreement and has filed for divorce in a different state. As part of the divorce I am not allowed to take my children out of the county he lives in. Should I stay in New York (where I have a great job and a nice house)and fight for custody; or would it be more beneficial to move back to Georgia (where I would have no job and no place to live) and fight for custody there?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search