Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My grandson won a lawsuit for the wrongful death of his parents in a car accident. Can his adopted parents hold this money from him once he comes of age?

Asked on 10/23/13, 12:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It all depends on the terms of the trust. If he's 21, at the minimum, he should learn how much he won, who has control of the trust, and how much is in there now, and when he is entitled to the money.

Also licensed in New York.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/13, 2:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now