Legal Question in Family Law in New York

After an index number is purchased and the spouse is served with notice then files that he recieved his notice with the court, what are the next steps? What if nothing is filed after that? Will the index number expire? I am in the military and deployed shortly after he filed that he received his summons however I was not able to file any other paperwork. This is an uncontested divorce.

Asked on 10/05/13, 5:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Browde David A. Browde, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

An uncontested divorce should be completed by the filing of the appropriate paperwork. if nothing other than the summons is filed the case will simply languish.

If you can't complete the paperwork hire an attorney to get it done for you.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/13, 5:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now