Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

My son who is now 23 lost his mother to a car accident back in 2008 and he was 17 at the time. His step-father at the time supposedly had lawyers and I was told (by his step-father) that my son was included in a lawsuit against the parties involved in driving both the vehicles (the driver of the vehicle his mother was in was charged with driving while HIGH). Also my son had a Trust that his mother setup for him to go to college or until he turned 23 the money would be his. I did my own research and found that that case was settled out of court prior to a hearing exactly ONE year ago. Both my son and I have been trying to reach his (ex) step-father to find out the status of the case and what money should be coming to him(my son). We are getting NO response from his step-dad and I know he reads his email because I sent one to him over 3 weeks ago letting him know that my son was going to be a father and he replied the same day. But when we write asking about the case or anything related to that we get NO response. I have my son calling up there to him leaving voice mails for this "step-dad" to call him back but we dont get any calls back. What are my son's options? Does he even have any options???

SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN LAW OFFICES OF SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN, ESQ.,

You can find out who the lawyer handling the case is; before which judge and part; and how much it was settled and who were the parties to the action. I suggest you obtain a lawyer for a minimal amount to follow thorugh with your search; it is not as simple for a layman.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms