Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

Had an incident where I struck child on bike who ran into traffic. They sued my insurance company and were paid. How can they sue me personally three ++ years later

Asked on 4/17/13, 7:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Krigsfeld Krigsfeld & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You were named as a defendant in the original suit. The only way they can continue to pursue you personally is if your insurance carrier tendered your entire policy limit at the child's injuries (in the opinion of his attorneys) are worth more than that policy limit. For instance, say your policy limit was $100k but the injuries are worth $125k. If you insurance company already tendered the $100k in your policy then the plaintiff is seeking the remaining $25k from you personally.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 7:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now