Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

I got my right leg cut on a broken school desk during class. I had to get 9 stitches but we didn't have to pay a penny because our insurance covered everything. Many people are pressuring my family and I to sue but I really don't want to. Would suing be a good idea, though?

David Owens, Esq. Molod, Spitz & DeSantis

Whether or not to sue is a personal choice. If you feel like you should be compensated foror the pain and suffering, our potential scarring you may experience, then you should sue. If not, then do not. Just be aware that there may be specific time limitations you must comply with for bringing a claim. A failure to comply could result in your case being barred. This is particularly true if you were injured in a school run by the Board of Education or City of New York. If you would like a free consultation please feel free to call.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York