Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

Can children automatically be granted the survivorship without going to surrogate court in NY By simply registering as owners-general partnership without proper transfer of property. One grandchild out of the blue claimed to NYC HPD that he is the owner with out any transfer of titles and is it necessary to continue a eviction when the said partnership has long been dissolved?

Asked on 5/23/13, 2:16 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 2:26 am
Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I probably agree with David, but your facts are not quite clear. More information is needed. How was property registered when owner died? Did owner have a Will or did he die without one? Has anyone gone to Surrogate and been appointed estate representative?

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 9:25 am
Arnold Nager Arnold H. Nager, Esquire
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Possibly, if the partnership agreement so provides.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 2:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now