Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

I own property where a neighbor has an easement to help him exit his property. It's not really necessary at this time because the neighbor has since the easement took effect built a parking lot to make it easy to exit the property. I've offered to pay him to release the easement but he refuses. Can I raise the annual rent which was imposed about 30 or 35 years ago.

By the way, this easement was caused by two stubborn old men which are both dead now and their families no longer own the properties.

Asked on 8/09/13, 4:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If he no longer uses it or needs it, bring an action to extinguish.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/13, 4:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now