Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

The short of it is:

My grandmother died. My estranged father is the power of attorney. My grandfather is now in a nursing home (dementia). The house was left to me in a living trust (which doesn't go into effect until my grandfather passes). My father isn't maintaining the house (I went in- not sure if it's legal or not- and there is mold forming in the bathroom).

I was wondering if there is a way to make him maintain it properly since I am not allowed to move in and maintain it myself legally yet?

Asked on 9/03/13, 4:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, You need a trust attorney to pursue maintenance of the property. The POA may not cover this responseability.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 8:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now