New York  |  Telecomm Law

I live in NYC. 5 months ago I gave my picture to a medical non-profit organization in Florida to support their cause. They later made a Youtube video in which this same picture was used, which I was okay with. The executive director of this non-profit was fired and just started a new non-profit similar to the one he was fired from. On this new website he uses my picture. I asked him to remove it and he refused to do so and proceeded to personally attack me. Can I sue this person for using my photo on his non-profit website?

Answered on: 10/03/13, 9:31 pm by Roman Fichman Esq.

Generally speaking, yes you can.

However, please be aware that a lawsuit is an expensive proposition. If you are most;y interested in the take down of the picture then a demand letter from an attorney may be a good motivator! In most cases such a letter would not be costly. Please contact my office at your earliest convenience with help in this matter.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq.

www.TheLegalists.com │ @TheLegalist

email: Info @ TheLegalists .com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq. New York Manhattan, NY 10011-1607