Legal Question in Administrative Law in North Carolina

My children daycare made me sign a contract upon enrolling. The contract stated that I must give a two weeks notice before unenrollment. My agreed upon due date to pay the tuition is the 10th of each month. I submitted my two weeks notice today 8/23/2013 which makes 9/6/2013 my last day. She is telling me that I will owe her a week and a half of tuition, which I find hard to believe since I have no outstanding balances. Is this a breach of contract since I gave my notice two weeks in advance?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Its not a breach of contract...it may be that they are attempting to manipulate or otherwise mis-read the contract. You should send them a letter explaining why you do not owe anything. If they report it to the credit bureaus, you should be prepared to file a dispute and consider a lawsuit for unfair debt collection.

More Administrative Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Administrative Law Legal Forms