North Carolina  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/29/07, 11:08 am

creditors seizing property

In NC, if a judgement is taking out on someone, can they come into your house and take personal items due to credit card debt? What do you do if a collection agency will not accept a payment offer? This agency told me that I could not file bankruptcy and I could not get help from a counseling agency because the accout was charged off and it was too late to do either of these? What are my options?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search