North Carolina  |  Discrimination Law

Need to see if there are any liabilities (discrimination charges, etc.) IF an employer assigns alias names to their employees, instead of allowing the employees to choose their own alias. The names would be easy to pronounce, one or two-syllable, “everyday” names that would be assigned on a random basis.

Also, would you pls give me a couple of recommendations regarding good sources for this type of name?

Answered on: 7/29/13, 8:26 am by Kenneth Love

This is slightly confusing. It seems you are saying that the employer does not want to call people by their names and instead assigns them names. In this case, it is legal to do this. There is also no source for this that I can point to, as unless he is doing something discriminatory, there is no database as to any source of names...I guess the employer can just choose whatever they want unless they use them in a discriminatory way.

Ken Love Law 3410 Healy Drive Winston Salem, NC 27103