North Carolina  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/06/13, 4:16 pm

I am a 19-yr-old college student and recv'd a "Underage Possession of Alcoholic Beverage" Federal Ticket (from a U.S. Park Ranger) while camping --not driving-- no vehicle was involved. He told me (as did the CVB) that payment of the fine will not result in any adverse consequences for me (i.e. be of my record, etc.). But by paying it, am I not essentially accepting a "conviction" of a misdemeanor and, therefore, forever having to explain it on job applications, etc? I know a lawyer is likely going to suggest I hire a lawyer to represent me...but I have no record or prior run-ins with the, for this, is it really necessary? What are the ramifications if I pay versus going to Fed Court to try to get it dropped?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/06/13, 5:44 pm by Amanda Houser

If your car was broken and you didn't know how to fix it - you'd go to a mechanic. If you were sick - you'd go to a doctor. So why are you even questioning going to an attorney when you have legal questions that you don't know the answer to?

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Houser Law Firm, P.C. 1007 Hargett Street Suite 2 Jacksonville, NC 28540

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search