North Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/21/04, 11:23 am

Father Seeking Visitation

I am an out of state parent who has been paying child support for my 15 year old daughter and have never allowed visitation with this child. The mother moves around a lot and I have found it impossible to track this woman down. Four years ago while my daughter was living with her grandmother, the grandmother and I came to an agreement of visitation before the court and the County Attorney. This agreement was never honored. I recently received a notice from the State of North Carolina stating that they intend to increase my support amount. I don't feel that this is fair since I do not have visitation. It's my right to file a motion with the court if I don't agree with the increase. My questions are will the mother be required to appear in court. If I don't have an address for her when I file this motion, can I still file it? If the mother doesn't show up for court, what do I do then because it is my belief that the mother doesn’t want to appear in court for some reason. I would like to have her served and challenge her custody of my daughter at this time. I have tried in the past to have this done but could never get a valid address for her to file the paperwork.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search