Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My husband is not being able to see his child because he hasn't paid child support in 2 weeks because we're short on cash. We have 2 kids ourselves so things are tight. Is she allowed to keep his daughter from him like that?

Asked on 4/26/13, 4:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Judy Tseng Wake Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, visitation should not be dependent on child support payments. This sounds like there is no court order in place regarding visitation/custody. He needs to file a custody action in the county where the children live to get a visitation schedule made as a court order. If he cannot afford to hire an attorney, sometimes the clerk's office will have a packet on how to file a custody case pro se. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 4/27/13, 9:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now