Legal Question in Employment Law in North Carolina

I live in North Carolina. As far as I am aware, no bill has been submitted to congress to terminate or limit employee background checks in this state. I would like to know how I can verify if such a bill exists, and if there is no bill, how I can get a bill started? Do I draft the bill myself and present it to our state senator? Do I first start with a petition?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You are correct, there is no such bill or law. To get such a bill passed you need to get a state senator or state represenative to propose the bill in the general assembly.

To be honest, I don't see such a bill passing. To get it approved you need to get the General Assembly to pass it in a vote. The General Assembly is currently very business and employer friendly and employers will argue that background checks are necessary. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms