Legal Question in Employment Law in North Carolina

Im being taken to small claims over 300.00 that the dept of laborhas already told me I wasnt liable to pay,its been a year and a half ago, what happens if I dont appear in court..

Asked on 1/02/13, 2:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you don't go to Court, most likely a judgment will be entered against you. You need to go to Court with the evidence you have from the Department of Labor. Keep in mind that this evidence is persuasive, but the Court is not required to follow the ruling of the Department of Labor.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/13, 5:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now