Legal Question in Employment Law in North Carolina

I was recently offered a work from home position with a company out of Sterling, VA. In preparation for the position I had to resign from my job at the time and spend money on equipment and processing paperwork. I expressed to the company that I had a court date that I could not miss and this court date would be during my training time. My training instructor informed me that the most time I could miss during training, which is 6wks long, is 4hrs. I was told by a HR rep from the company that I was removed from the training class and will not be able to reapply for 6 months. I expressed that I didn't want or need to be removed from the class but just a chance to appear in court, plead my case and explain my situation to the judge. I'm sure that with the 4hr window that I was given I would have made it back in enough time. I am now out of a job and the money i invested for the position. Do I have a legal case?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You need to consult an employment attorney in your area but probably not. The attorney you meet with will want to know more facts before making a determination.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms