Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in North Carolina

can you sue the hospital where your child was born at for giving your child a pacifier without you signing the consent form to do so and this caused the baby and mother not to get the bond and positives on breastfeeding and baby cries for pacifier and has to be on formula because he was confuesd between nipple and pacifier

Asked on 10/19/13, 6:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


No. Not a malpractice lawyer here but I don't see any damages or causation. The mother has plenty of time to bond with the child and I am not convinced without seeing medical evidence that this initial act has utterly precluded the child from learning the difference between its mother and artificial pacifiers.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/13, 11:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now