North Carolina  |  Workers Comp

Help I was Hurt at Work!

I was hurt at work on July 4,2001. I reported the injury to a supervisor right away. She laughed at me like it was a joke. I had to beg her to let me go sit down for a few minutes. She agreeded and then told me to go right back to work. I had hurt my back and was in severe pain. I also had pains shooting down my legs. I had told her that and exactly what had happened, she did nothing. I reported to work the next morning. The same supervisor was working. I was limping around and had told her how bad my pain was. She laughed again and called me gimp. I kept asking her to fill out a form or call corp. She finally did. I am still in severe pain and they are not paying me. The doctor tells me it is against NC law for him to put me out of work he said all he can do is list all my resrictions and then the comp has to put me out. I need to know if this is true or if he is just saying that because he is a workman's comp doctor. Please help me I am a single mom and have a son to support.

Answered on: 7/23/01, 3:16 pm by Eleanor MacCorkle

Re: Help I was Hurt at Work!

It sounds like you have a compensable claim. You need an attorney. Call the NC Bar Referral Service at 800-662-7660

Eleanor MacCorkle, Attorney at Law 138 East Chestnut St. Asheville, NC 28801