Legal Question in Consumer Law in Ohio

being taken to small claims court for repairs that were done to my lawn mower. mower still does not work, they tried three times to fix problem and never did. they now are want $300.00 for repairs on a mower that is only worth that much. They were told to consult me before any repairs were done and did not. there is more to the story but do i have a case at all

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio, under the Consumer Sales Practices Act, there are several defense to the lawsuit as well as counterclaims that you could assert against the repair service. If the contract was not in writing, then that would be a violation. If the repairs were not done in a workmanlike manner (three attempts and no fix seems to qualify) then this would be a problem for the Plaintiff. If they did not give you an estimate showing $300.00 of work for you to approve before the work was done, then that sounds like a CSPA violation to me as well.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Ohio

Consumer Law Legal Forms