Ohio  |  Criminal Law

My son was on probation, he violated and was sentenced to his original term. The judge said at time of sentence that he would consider "Judicial release" What does that mean and how long do you have to wait before filing?

Answered on: 2/22/10, 3:33 pm by Joseph Jacobs

The time for filing judicial release is strictly controlled by statute, depending on the level of felony.... it's at least 30 days, but can be as long as 6 months...(mandatory time always gets served first)...the time starts from the date the defendant is actually delivered to the state institution, not the county jail....if you miss those deadlines, the court doesn't even consider you need to get letters together and one from your son....an attorney can attach them to the Motion....also, upon filing the motion, the court contacts the prison to see how he's been and how productive he is inside....so he needs to be perfect and improve himself dramatically in this time.....

i charge between 750 to1000 dollars for this, depending how much time you want me to put in....but i will guide you thru it if you want to do it yourself....contact me directly if you have any other questions...216.952.1990....

The Jacobs Legal Group 15614 Detroit Avenue Cleveland, OH 44107