Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

My son was on probation, he violated and was sentenced to his original term. The judge said at time of sentence that he would consider "Judicial release" What does that mean and how long do you have to wait before filing?

Asked on 2/17/10, 3:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Jacobs The Jacobs Legal Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The time for filing judicial release is strictly controlled by statute, depending on the level of felony.... it's at least 30 days, but can be as long as 6 months...(mandatory time always gets served first)...the time starts from the date the defendant is actually delivered to the state institution, not the county jail....if you miss those deadlines, the court doesn't even consider you need to get letters together and one from your attorney can attach them to the Motion....also, upon filing the motion, the court contacts the prison to see how he's been and how productive he is he needs to be perfect and improve himself dramatically in this time.....

i charge between 750 to1000 dollars for this, depending how much time you want me to put in....but i will guide you thru it if you want to do it me directly if you have any other questions...216.952.1990....

Read more
Answered on 2/22/10, 3:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now