Ohio  |  Family Law

child custody for a 15 year old

I have a 15 yr old son whom I have had custody of all his life. I was awarded custody on the Divorce degree dated back 7 years ago. My X-Husband has coerced our son with promises of 25 % of any child support he will get if the Son moves in with him. My X has lived with atleast 5 or 6 women since our divorce. He was unable to keep the Home we lived in and he lost it by not paying the mortgage. Anyways I do not think he has a residence in his name and if he does it would be with his latest girlfriend and he has only been there 3 months at the most. I am concerned that he will move my son and then things will not work with him and the girl and then where will that leave my son.

The Father has promised our Son things such as the percent of the money I will have to pay in Child support, that he will get him a car and allow him to continue to go to school where I live which is a different school zone then the Father lives, to some degree I feel he has brained washed our son to where he is threatening that he will run away if he canít live with his Dad.

Also my X is a recovering alcoholic with 2 or 3 DWIís over the last few year being clean for maybe 18 mo.