Legal Question in Employment Law in Ohio

ot pay over 7 years

I've worked for the same place for 7 years. I have worked more than 40hrs. for most of the time I have worked there. the boss says they a re not required to pay ot. are the suppose to and can i go after them for any monies owed. This is not a seasonal business and they employ 5 people regularly. Only I and another girl work like this. PLease answer quick this will be my second week of 60 hrs and i havent had a day off in 2 weeks. PLease understand i am a mother of 4 trying to help my husband provide for them.

Eileen Joyce Baughman & Joyce LLC

Re: ot pay over 7 years

If you think that you may be entitled to overtime pay (there is not enough information in your post to make that determination), you can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Labor, which is responsible for enforcing the federal minimum wage/overtime wage laws. You should be able to find complaint forms on the DOL’s website.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Ohio

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms