Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Ohio

I am hypothyroid and on a routine physical it was found thatI developed a medical condition called atrial fibrillation. I endured 2 transesophageal echocardiograms and 3 cardioversion. Prior to my 3rd cardioversion, I asked the cardiologist to please obtain a thyroid panel. When I received the results I immediately called an endocrinologist who agreed with me that I was on "too much medication" and I was told to decrease one of my thyroid medication by half of its strength. The next day, I felt better... occasional irregular beats but nothing like the prolonged atrial fibrillation episodes as before. I am faithful with getting my labs done by my primary doctor....not one time was I told to decrease my medication for my thyroid, even though I upon review see a steady decline in my thyroid panel since 2011. Do I have any recourse for medical bills, suffering debilitating symptoms as a result of the over mediation? I just think that my insurance company has paid bills for procedures that could have been avoided in the first place had my PCP just adjusted the medication to prevent the onset of this cardiac issue. I have also been placed on 2 different medication by the cardiologist as a result of this.

James Slater Slater & Zurz LLP

To properly answer your questions, we would like to provide you with a free telephone consultation with one of our attorneys. Please call us at 1-800-297-9191 or email James Luna at jluna@slaterzurz.com to schedule your consultation.

Thank you.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Ohio