Ohio  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/25/09, 9:56 am

Residential Real Estate Property Tax

I am preparing to challenge my current property tax rate via a ''Compliant against the Valuation of Real Property '' form.

Note indicates that

''if property (owner) is in a name other than your individual name,you may need to consult with an attorney''

Our property is joint spousal ownership .

Would be OK to submit the form ?

Lastly, we recently filed a U- Deed placing property into our family trust, does that make a difference

I could send the form in question upon request

Thanks ..Dennis

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/25/09, 12:53 pm by Elizabeth Schmitz

Re: Residential Real Estate Property Tax

The complaint must be filed either by the owner of the property or his or her attorney.

If the house was transferred to your family trust then the trustee would be the owner and must sign and file the complaint form.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Elizabeth S. Schmitz Attorney at Law 1900 Polaris Parkway Suite 450 Columbus, OH 43240

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search