Oregon  |  Consumer Law

I have a self service car wash. A person has turned in her rental car to Enterprise saying damage was done to her car at my car wash. Enterprise has sent me a bill for $750.00. On the front of the car wash is a statement which says" Due to different vehicle types we are not responsible for any damages to your vehicle should you choose to use this equipment". This is in plain sight and located where you insert your money. We did this to thwart false claims of damages. This is the first time dealing with a rental agency recovery specialist. What are my responsibilities concerning this? We wrote them a letter showing them the statement and also stating we have no proof she actually used our wash and did not damage the vehicle someplace else.

Answered on: 9/22/13, 2:20 am by Daniel Meek

You are not responsible for the damage, unless Enterprise can prove that it was done by your equipment and that you were negligent in allowing the vehicle to go through your wash. Enterprise no doubt cannot prove that.

Daniel W. Meek Eugene, OR 97219