Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

Hello, I was in a relationship with a gentleman for a year and a half, during this time he gave me money to pay certain bills including day care bills for my youngest daughter. He also bought plane tickets for my daughters to go to Puerto Rico for the summer and he occasionally deposited money in my personal checking account. We have broken up and now he wants me to pay him back all the money he has given me. Am I legally responsible to pay him all this money back? Please advise. Thank you.

SAUL SEGAN SAUL H SEGAN ATTY AT LAW

Greetings:

This is never fun. It all depends on what your understanding was. If these were gifts, then there is no duty to repay. If he told you that he expected the money back, and you agreed, it was a loan. I don't know how much was involved, but sour grapes can get expensive.

You are welcome to call me at 215-370-2608.

My webs site: shsesq@aol.com

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania