Legal Question in Immigration Law in Pennsylvania

my wife has been a legal permanent resident since 1955 but could not derive citizenship through her father.both parents are deceased and we need a passport.we filed an n-400 form .she does not have a green card .will they process the forms without a green card.she has been a resident for over sixty years

Asked on 7/14/13, 9:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If she knows her A#, then she could probably file the N-400 without having to file the I-90 (replacement greecard). Without the A#, and with a case so old, you might not have much luck if you try to obtain her old file using a FOIA request, but you could try that, as well.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 3:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88433 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now