Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

Hi! My husband and I just saw an attorney to have a deed transfer done to remove his ex wife's name off the deed to his house. When the deed was written up, I believe our attorney made a typo and put the wrong zip code. Instead of 16672, he put 16652. The deed has already been processes by the courthouse and I was wondering if this was a big issue or something to be worried about. Is this deed still considered valid even though it has a typo?

This does not sound like a big issue. The purpose of the deeds is to show who owns the land. As long as the identifiers of the grantee (as in you and your husband) and description of the land is accurate the rest is not of overwhelming importance.

However, if you are concerned, an amended/corrective deed can be prepared. I would talk to the attorney who prepared the deed - since its his mistake he should be willing to correct it at no charge if an amended deed is necessary.

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Not much of a problem at all I've seen deeds where the property description is so off to boggle the mine. I saw one where they had the rear of the property ending 3 blocks away.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania