South Carolina  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/21/12, 8:46 am

We bought a car and it has issues. We got a we owe in the paperwork. It took 4 different trips to have them fixed. I believe that they covered up the major problems just to get the money. What should we do?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/21/12, 9:14 am by John Jackson

Before hiring an attorney write a letter to the dealer. Tell him what you want. Tell the dealer he has two weeks or so to respond or you are going to seek legal counsel. Adress the letter to a named person, like the owner of the lit or general manager. Send two copies of the letter one by First Class the other by Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested. Make sure you keep a copy of the letter. This way who ever you sent it to can not deny receving it. When he does not respond or tells you he will not be able to help you go to an attorney.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C. P.O. Box 795 Folly Beach, SC 29401

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search