Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

My fiance was charged with Assault Family Violence Bodily Injury First Offense. I tried to drop charges to be told I couldn't. They placed him on probation and violated him and he is in jail. What can I do?

Asked on 5/06/13, 10:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Nothing. Once he pled guilty, the only issue for a probation violation is whether or not he violated probation - not whether or not he was guilty of the assault. He needs a good lawyer. If he was charged as a first offender misdemeanor, he is looking at up to 1 year in jail and up to a $4,000 fine. What will happen depends on the underlying facts of the case, the violation, how he did otherwise on probation, his attitude, etc.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now