Texas  |  Family Law

Boyfriend has received a notice for a case of child abandonment. He has giving money and seen the children within the year. The problem is that the case is in Ga and we live in Tx. They have denied any and all forms of teleconference due the fact that the ex wife has a personal lawyer and we are unable to financially go to the court case. What are our options?

Answered on: 6/27/13, 1:10 pm by Fran Brochstein

You need to hire an attorney in GA.

Look on this website & on www.avvo.com and find an attorney. Do this immediately!

I don't know GA law and I doubt that there are any TX attorneys licensed in GA too.

In the meantime, you need to file an "Answer" to the lawsuit that disagrees with what was filed. Do this immediately and send a copy to all parties (I do know how many parties are involved - you, her and potentially the Attorney General's office) and the court. Ideally send all copies certified mail so show proof that they were received.

That is all that I can think of for you to do.

Good luck!

Attorney, Arbitrator & Mediator 8978 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77054