Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/09/07, 1:48 pm

Open Records & Final Paperwork

I went to court in July to get divorced from my husband. He brought a lawyer and I did not have one. I agreed to no child support because my ex-husband agreed to help where he could, when he could. This was made open record. I have not signed the paperwork because he hasn't done anything to help my kids-not even a package of diapers. Now his lawyer has a court date set for Monday to force me to sign, and the copy of the divorce papers she has filed in court are different than the ones she sent me over the summer. The papers she has filed don't even mention him agreeing to help when he can. I am the primary custodian, but he pays nothing to help; I have to take the kids to him and pick them up from him at his house. Is there anything I can do to change any of this? I couldn't afford a lawyer when all this started, and since I am now a single mother with no help from their father, I can't afford one now.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search