Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

palimony question

I have been with my boyfriend for two years. I live in TX my boyfriend is from CA. He bought house for ''us'', I moved in (house is under his name), he pays all bills. I lost my job (I think because I would miss so much because we would travel so much) He broke up with me 3 months ago, Im still in the house, he's still paying the bills. Can ''pamlimony'' come in affect?

Asked on 10/09/07, 6:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: palimony question

In Texas, unless there was some agreement, or facts not presented here, it does not appear that you have any legal recourse. You might want to repost your question to California lawyers in the event there is some help under California law.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/07, 8:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now