Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

What to do when your soon-to-be-ex doesn't abide by rule 11 and now there are debt collectors calling? The lawyer hasn't sent his attorney any notice and now he hasn't even paid the child support for this month and he is racking up the credit cards. Desperately needing help.

Asked on 7/08/13, 6:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Henderson Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It sounds like you have a lawyer. If so, now is the time to call him/her. By way of general information, a Rule 11 Agreement is an agreement entered into between the attorneys or attorneys and parties. It may be the basis of a later order or it may be addressed only to a very specific circumstance. If the Agreement is intended to settle the case, at some point it will be reduced to writing as a proposed order, usually signed by everyone and then submitted to the judge. Rule 11 Agreements are essentially contracts, not court orders, and if they need to be enforced the court will do so as a contract.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 7:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now