Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

Hi, I am a Filipino citizen and have had an EB3 petition filed under the chargeability of the Philippines. My father is a South Korean national who still retains his South Korean citizenship despite having lived in the Philippines for more than a quarter of a century. There is a chance I can gain South Korean citizenship. Can my area of chargeability be moved to the "world" category instead of the Philippines? If so, will that set back my priority date?

Asked on 10/22/13, 3:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you can gain South Korean citizenship in time, then you can change the country of chargability for purposes of your immigrant visa case. However, you'd have to check the visa bulletin every month under EB3 worldwide to see what dates they are working on.

Nov 2013: EB3 worldwide-10/01/2010; EB3 Philippines- 12/15/2006

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 9:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now