Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

Libel / Slander / Wrongful Termination

I worked for a company for the past several years. The ''house counsel'' for this company FALSELY made a written and verbal claim to the CEO that a former employee filed a sexual harassment claim against me. The former employee has indicated she has no idea what they are talking about. About 2 months later, I was terminated and they said it was because ''business is bad.''

After leaving, I have heard from other FORMER employees and people in the industry that this person has also said to people that I ''have serious mental issues and have spent time in a mental institution.'' This was done verbally. All of this is false.

As I am currently searching for a new executive position, this is extremely troublesome. The mental anguish this is causing is killing me... I am a high-profile executive so this can seriously damage my livelihood.

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Re: Libel / Slander / Wrongful Termination

we are in Dallas but you need a lawyer and must be willing to pay a reasonable fee..generally collection against individuals is improbable..so there needs to be insurance...we would be glad to look at your case ...

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms