Texas  |  Employment Law

Libel / Slander / Wrongful Termination

I worked for a company for the past several years. The ''house counsel'' for this company FALSELY made a written and verbal claim to the CEO that a former employee filed a sexual harassment claim against me. The former employee has indicated she has no idea what they are talking about. About 2 months later, I was terminated and they said it was because ''business is bad.''

After leaving, I have heard from other FORMER employees and people in the industry that this person has also said to people that I ''have serious mental issues and have spent time in a mental institution.'' This was done verbally. All of this is false.

As I am currently searching for a new executive position, this is extremely troublesome. The mental anguish this is causing is killing me... I am a high-profile executive so this can seriously damage my livelihood.