Texas  |  Real Estate Law

My landlord ( I never met him, and can not verify his identity via email )via email notified me that i have to make check payeble to new property managemnt. Is his email enough written proof or i need a ammended lease. I haved asked twice, but they never replied back to my emails. What should i do

Answered on: 9/07/13, 1:38 pm by Cynthia Henley

How have you had contact with him in the past? I would send the payment as you have in the past via certified mail, return receipt requested. Within the payment, I would ask for written verification if there is a new payee. Include in your letter a copy of the email and express your concern since there is no response to your inquiries that this could be a scam and you are trying to protect the landlord by proceeding in the manner that is dictated by the lease (which is a controlling legal document.)

Cynthia Henley, Lawyer 7626 E. Jordan Cove Houston, TX 77055-5053