Utah  |  Consumer Law

I signed up for internet service from a local provider. Within the first 48 hours of having it installed, I had two outages lasting more than a few hours each. When I tried to call their customer support line which was advertised to be available 24-7 on their website, I couldn't get in touch of anyone. Their phone system would either hang up on me, or I would get sent to a voicemail.

I immediately contacted the company via email asking for them to cancel my service and refund the first month's service I had paid for as they hadn't provided a reliable connection nor the 24-7 customer support they had advertised. They refused to issue a refund citing a 30 day cancellation notice policy in their terms of service. My argument is that they broke the terms of the contract by not providing the service I signed up for and was advertised on their website. In doing so, the terms of service were rendered invalid and a refund is owed to me.

Do I have any legal standing or am I out in left field on this one?