Legal Question in Banking Law in Virginia

I work for a staffing agency and we print all our check in house so the office employees receive our check on Tuesdays or Wednesdays but they are dated for Fridays, which is when we pay our employees. My bank has been cashing my checks on Wednesday for 2 months and just last week the same lady that cashes my check every week said that she could not cash it because it was post dated. I heard from another bank that in VA they changed the law to state that if a person has the check in their possession the bank is obligated to cash it, but I can't find any information on this. Please help.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

I know of no such new law in the Commonwealth (and doubt such could exist) whereby the mere possession of a check in the hands of a would be casher would obligate a bank to cash it.

More Banking Law questions and answers in Virginia

Banking Law Legal Forms