Virginia  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/13/06, 3:40 pm

Homestead Deed

I need to file a homestead deed to protect my life insurance policy and my 2007 tax return. How do I go about doing this and can I do it myself and if I can do it myself where can I get the forms?

1 Answer

Answered on: 11/13/06, 4:36 pm by John Sawyer

Re: Homestead Deed

You need to consult with an attorney first. A homestead deed can be used one time only. It does not cure or fix financial problems which you clearly have.

You need to consult with an attorney -- preferably a bankruptcy attorney -- to develop a plan to address all of your indebtedness and assist you in rebuilding your credit. Simply filing a homestead deed is the same as putting your finger in the dike.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Sawyer & Azarcon, P.C. 10605 B-2 Judicial Drive Fairfax, VA 22030

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search